Home Learning for Students
During lockdowns and periods of self-isolation, our Academy moves online to offer a full and comprehensive learning experience for students through Microsoft Teams. Read through the information on this page to learn more about access, expectations, and more!
Thank you to Delta Don Valley for the helpful video!
Accessing the Online Academy
All staff and students have a Microsoft 365 account that gives them full access to our Online Academy. To log in staff and students should click on the “Quick Links” tab at the bottom of the website.
More videos are available to help you out during these unprecedented times:
- Using Teams on Windows
- Using Teams on an iPad
- Using Teams on an Android device
- Using Teams on a Chromebook
What should students do at home?
- Students should log into Teams, and follow their normal timetabled classes to complete work from home. Classes will contain live input from teaching staff. Click Join on your Teams calendar to take part in lessons.
- Select the class Team then open the class resources tab to access your work, this may be a PowerPoint , video or other resource. Teachers may also be screensharing and displaying lesson content. Resources also still available in the Class Files section of the Team.
- Complete the work by typing into Class Notebook or take a photo of the work and then upload or email it to your teacher.
- If you need to borrow a device please contact the school so we can lend one for the duration of your isolation period.
If you still need help accessing the Online Academy, please contact the school.
The user account looks like firstname.lastname@example.org and passwords have been issued in school and personalised by students. Year 7 students have been given theirs in the first week of the academic year, and will need to change these when they first login.
If a user forgets their password they can reset it by contacting a member of staff.
All students should know their usernames and passwords. If you have any issues with this please email the appropriate person below detailing your child’s name and (if known) username:
|Academy Email and User email@example.com|
Students can also use their Office365 details if they choose the “Sign in with Office 365” option.
|Hegarty Maths||Please request a reset by clicking ‘forgotten password’ link after entering name and DoB or email your Maths teacher|
|Language Nut||Please email your MFL teacher|
Microsoft 365 – Are you a team player?
|The Online Academy gives all staff and students access to The Delta Academy – Online. This includes Outlook Email and Calendar, One Drive Cloud Storage, Teams Classrooms, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and many more of the Microsoft 365 packages to use where ever they may be in the world.|
The Learning Team – Online
- Students in all situations will follow their normal timetable and this will be accessible from home in their calendar.
- All lessons
- The Online Academy will be used to enhance all face to face learning, and give students 24/7 access to learning resources, revision and collaborative learning opportunities. Each subject will tailor this to best support the pedagogy for that subject area.
- Students who have to self-isolate will follow their normal timetable at home. They would access the work they need to do independently, in the Working from Home Team for their Year group, on Microsoft Teams
- Partial Bubble or Whole School Lockdown
- Students who are part of any partial bubble or whole school lockdown will access online face to face remote learning the very next day. This will be with their normal teacher on Microsoft Teams.
The Pastoral Team – Online
- Each student will also be part of a team with their Year Leader in the Pastoral Team. This will be where students will get updates, support, well-being and safeguarding information and keep in direct contact with the whole pastoral team
Additional Online Learning
Additional work will also be set and/or accessed on the following websites:
Please see our Blended/Remote Learning page for more information about our different online learning platforms and available resources.
Assessment & Progress
How will you assess my child’s work and progress?
Feedback can take many forms and may not always mean extensive written comments for individual children. For example, whole-class feedback or quizzes marked automatically via digital platforms are also valid and effective methods, amongst many others.
Assessment of homework and assignments, and feedback will be given in line with the academy homework and marking policy
Additional Support SEND
How will you work with me to help my child who needs additional support from adults at home to access remote education?
- We recognise that some pupils, for example some pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home.
- We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and we will work with parents and carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
- SEND – All students with SEND needs will have had their learning needs discussed and planned for prior to moving to remote learning. Individual plans will be put in place for each child depending on their need.
Staying Safe Online
Goole Academy proactively promotes e-safety and the prevention of cyber bullying. Bullying in any form has no place at Goole Academy. Our ICT Support Team and Senior Members of Staff can provide advice and support. There’s lots of useful information and helpful links available on our e-safety page to help students and parents get the most out of your technology, use the internet responsibly and to keep you and those you care about safe on the internet.
The government has recently updated their advice and guidance to help parents and carers to keep children safe online during the coronavirus outbreak. Click here to access it – there’s lots more useful information to help keep you and your child safe online.
Top Tips for Remote Learning
Please download the Revision Top Tips document below for some more help & guidance with your online learning, as well as the key information for parents! We regularly post useful hints & tips on our Twitter page as well.