The CEIAG – (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision in a Delta Academy has been designed to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Our Careers Programme is personalised to the academy in conjunction with our partners at Careers Inc.
Careers Education and is provided though:
- Subject Lessons, – Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Tutorials, Assemblies & Life Lessons – Discussions and resources about the local market information, growth job sectors and
- Step Up Days – Events such as employability days
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Careers Cafes & Careers Fairs – Employers, Colleges and Universities will visit the school on a regular basic to talk to you about their industry and how to train and qualify for role in that sector.
- Careers Portal – You have access to our online Careers Portal.
- Results Service – a team of advisers will be able to talk through you needs on results day to help you confirm your intended destination.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance – You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions.
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas our advisers can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- GCSE & A Level Options – Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Apprenticeships – Finding work or an apprenticeship, including job hunting techniques including mock interviews
- Parents Evenings – Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities, parents and option evenings and on results days
- Technology – Information and updates will also be available on notice boards, plasma screens and the websites
Careers and Provider Access Policy
Please click here to view our policy
During this uncertain and challenging time, we would like all the students and parents/carers across all the schools we work with to know that they can still contact us to arrange a meeting with an adviser.
We will be operating remotely and are able to support students in all Year groups who wish to discuss their future career options.
If you would like to speak to an adviser please contact us using the following link: https://www.careersinc.uk/blog/2020/04/20/virtual-careers-advice/
More CEIAG Opportunities in School
The CEIAG (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision has been designed to positively support pupils to acquire the emotional, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Our careers programme is developed in conjunction with our partners at Careers Inc. We also work alongside Careers Inc. to ensure the highest standards of CEIAG is delivered. This also helps us ensure that we are fully up to date with new initiatives and meeting the needs of every pupil. We review the Gatsby benchmarks regularly with the Careers and Enterprise Company.
All pupils in every year are given access to CEIAG opportunities. In Year 7 and 8 we provide opportunities through tutor times, trips and visits. Year 9 pupils participate in an employability day provided by our Enterprise Advisor (Howden’s Joinery), which allows them to improve their interview and employability skills. As a follow up, a number of pupils are then given the opportunity to visit Howden’s to see how a local employer operates on a daily basis. All pupils in Year 10 attend a series of College Taster days which allows them to make informed choices on their destinations after Year 11. All Year 11 receive at least one careers interview and have access to more should they need. Tutor time activities also complement the CEIAG offer across the Academy, with activities such as ‘personal qualities and strengths’ being delivered during his period. In every classroom, there is also a display linking how each curriculum area can lead to specific professions and Higher Education options. Our Careers Inc. Advisor has a dedicated room which pupils can access for drop in lunchtime sessions – these are advertised weekly through Tutor times and available to all pupils.
We are extremely fortunate to have great links with ‘The Force’, which is funded by the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP). This really supports our CEIAG offer at the Academy. Activities delivered by The Force have included visits to University (including residentials), one to one coaching and target setting and visits to local Higher Education Colleges to access their state of the art facilities.
Pupils in all year groups gain employer encounters through Careers Cafés, which take place throughout the year. This is a very popular and accessible way for Higher Education providers, employers and organisations such as the armed forces to come into the Academy and speak informally with pupils.
A small number of pupils who are identified as being at risk of NEET are also scheduled additional meetings with the local Job Centre team to ensure the development of a personalised pathway. We are now very proud of the fact that we now have 0% NEET leaving our Academy (2019).
Motivational speakers are invited into the academy to deliver inspirational sessions. An example of this is Moj Taylor who leads a “PUSH Talk”, each year to a variety of year groups. The talks includes topics on pupil finance, myth busting, courses and accommodation.
We are proud of our links with BAE Systems. Our Engineering department have established strong links with BAE which allows bespoke visits for Engineering cohorts. This also ensures curriculum links can be made within the world of work. This has been a great success and pupils within our Academy are now receiving apprenticeship offers from this provider.
For further guidance on careers, click the links below: