CareersInc - continuation of careers support for students and parents/carers
Dear Student and Parent/ Carer
We hope this finds you well in these challenging times. As schools are now closed for the majority of students, we wanted to let you know that you can still get in touch with your CareersInc advisers. We will be operating remotely and are able to support students in all Year groups who wish to discuss their future career options.
Our qualified advisers can offer information and guidance on a number of topics including:
Options after Year 11:
- Help you to research/ apply for a place in a 6th form, college, Apprenticeship or training.
- Give you information on qualifications such as BTECs, A Levels and NVQs to assist you in making decisions about your future.
- We can respond to any queries about universities, degree subjects and applying for a place in Higher Education.
- Help you to identify a career which matches your skills, abilities and interests and help you to understand routes into all occupations. It is never too early to start thinking about your career choices.
The local and national labour market:
- Guide you on which occupations are in high demand now and are set to expand in the future.
Advice on finding employment or training:
- Help you with CV writing, finding and researching vacancies, completing application forms and interview skills.
The services you have available to you are as follows:
1. Remote student and parent/carer support
- Virtual student support, although the emphasis will be on Year 11/12/13 during transition, any student is welcome to contact us, to ensure that they can continue to make appropriate career decisions and relevant applications.
- Support and information for parents/carers with an opportunity to talk to an adviser about general enquiries so that they can support their child in a more informed manner. Requests for this service can be made via your Delta email or here.
- In the first instance, students should go to the careers section of their academy website to access information. This can be found here: www.gooleacademy.org.uk/careers
- Secondly, they can access information on the CareersInc Portal, which can also be found in the careers section of the website or students can access this directly here: www.careersinc.uk/delta-goole
- Students should only contact Careers Advisers through their DELTA email and not a personal email address.
- Finally, students can also access information from StartProfile here.
A CareersInc adviser will reply to any enquiries within 48 hours (Monday to Friday)
With so much online advice available to you and your parents/carers and given the unprecedented times we are in; we would still recommend that you take the time to talk this information though with myself or another CareersInc Adviser. We will working with your academy to keep you up to date on changes to local and national policy and the potential impact this could have on your career plans.