Free cycle light handout - Monday 19th November
As part of this year's National Road Safety week the 'Get Active' team from East Riding of Yorkshire Council will be giving away free cycle lights to students who cycle to school.
The event is for one day only and will take place on the morning of Monday 19th November next to the cycle shelter at the front of school.
Numbers are limited to just 100 sets, so be early if you want your free set fitted! The event starts from 7:45am - 8:30am.
You must have your bike with you to receive a free set!
National Road Safety Week - 19th-23rd November 2018
Road Safety Week is the UK's biggest road safety event, coordinated annually by 'Brake', the road safety charity.
Road Safety Week aims to inspire thousands of schools, pupils and communities to take action on road safety and promote life-saving messages during the Week and beyond.
This year's theme is 'Bike Smart'.
Here's our top eight list to staying safe this winter:
1. Dress properly, wear warm clothing and layers. Keep your hands, feet and head covered and wear waterproofs to stay dry
2. Be visible. Wear bright reflective clothing
3. Light up. Fit lights to your bike
4. Plan your route in advance
5. Cycle with friends
6. Take care of your bike. Keep it clean and check it's in safe working order
7. Cycle to the weather and road conditions. Don't take any unnecessary risks
8. Cycle to the highway code